By signing up as one of our Consultant Users (also referred to as “you”) below, you agree to the following conditions with Trusli INC (also referred to as “Trusli”, “us”, “our”, and “we”). Trusli is in the business of providing an online platform that allows a website user to seek an introduction to an attorney for the purpose of hiring an attorney to resolve a legal issue and Consultant User is a licensed attorney seeking introductions to potential clients in need of legal services.
Trusli represents and warrants as follows:
- Trusli is a corporation organized pursuant to the laws of the State of Delaware.
- Trusli will use its reasonable efforts to introduce potential clients to you based on your areas of practice in the field of law.
- Other than listing your name, law firm name, picture, or likeness on our Website directory, Trusli will not use your name, law firm name, picture, or likeness for promotional purposes without your prior written consent.
Trusli represents and warrants as follows:
- You represent and acknowledge that you are an attorney licensed to practice law, and are in good standing, in at least one state in the United States. You agree that you shall notify us in writing within twenty-four hours of your loss of legal license or your lack of good standing in any state in which you are licensed to practice law.
- Unless under a specific written agreement with Trusli, Consultant Users do not have decision making authority, agency, or ability to bind Trusli in any matter whatsoever.
- When responding to questions posed by users on our Website, Consultant User shall not apply his/her legal knowledge or skills to resolve or advise the user on the user’s specific legal issue described in the question, such as advising on a specific course of action.
- Consultant User shall not form an attorney-client relationship through our Website and agrees to enter into a written agreement with that user to establish an attorney-client relationship. The written agreement between the Consultant User and Client shall spell out the legal services to be provided and the way fees will be charged for such legal services.
- You understand and agree that any information you post on our Website is not confidential information and is not protected by any attorney-client privilege. You also understand and agree that any communications with someone introduced through our Website that is either just a Website visitor or your signed legal client shall be done outside our Website platform.
- Consultant Users agree to comply with all the laws and ethical obligations that are required by the particular state or states in which they are licensed to practice law.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Trusli, any and all parent and subsidiary entities, officers, directors, agents, consultants, employees, shareholders, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third party that are in any way due to, or arising out of, your use of or conduct on our Website, including, without limitation, that which results from any representation of a user introduced to you through our Website.
- You agree that all fees you may charge a Client introduced to you through Trusli is between you and that Client and you agree that Trusli shall not be liable for any non-payment issues and you will not look to Trusli to assist you in any collection efforts, although you may report the issue to Trusli for our records.
- Trusli offers you a free trial for 1 month. Once the free trial ends, we will notify you on our platform that your subscription fee is due. You can either pay for a monthly subscription of $200 per month, or a three-month subscription of $150 per month, or a 12-month subscription of $100 per month. In either case, the subscription fee you pay is not refundable, and you may cancel at the end of your chosen period, be it at the end of the month or at the end of the three months or at the end of the 12 months, whichever the case may be.
- This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized Trusli executive, or by the posting by Trusli of a revised version. Any waiver by Trusli of a breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of such provision or any other provision hereof.
- This Agreement is governed by California law. If we are involved in a merger or are acquired by a person or another entity, we may transfer the rights to this Agreement, as long as your rights are protected. You may only agree to these terms if you are able to form a binding contract in your state.
- Governing Law. Except to the extent applicable law provides otherwise, this Agreement between you and Trusli and any access to or use of the Website is governed by the federal laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and Trusli agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California, except as provided below in this Agreement.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of Trusli to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Limitation of Term of Action. You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with Trusli must commence not later than three hundred and sixty-five (365) calendar days after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action and Your rights to bring such action shall be permanently barred.
- Authorization to Contract. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are of legal age to form a binding contract; or that if you are registering on behalf of an entity, that you are authorized to enter into, and bind the entity to this Agreement.
- You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, understand its terms and conditions, and will be bound by this Agreement in its entirety. Your only option should you not agree is to cease using this Website.
- By agreeing to this document, the parties have executed this Agreement.